World renowned singers and teachers, soloists of leading ensembles and groups in Bulgaria, as well as local practitioners from disappearing styles, will teach us an advanced level song from a region they are native to, or specialize in. Each class (2 hours long) will center on a different folkloric area in Bulgaria, or a related topic of interest.
The series will:
– extend much needed support to master singers in Bulgaria, who are facing dire economic times (artists received no relief funds in Bulgaria)
– provide us an invaluable opportunity to study with Bulgarian luminary folk singers from the safely of our homes, while connecting with one another in times of severe isolation in this pandemic.
Most teachers will teach a mini-series of 2 or 3 classes. The first class will concentrate on the overall song structure, the following class(es) on detailed work on the ornaments and other advanced level vocal work, coupled with dedicated individual work.
Participatory class is limited to 30 singers.
Audit only version of live class possible via private YouYube link.
Vlada Tomova in New York City works closely with an international team – all the way from Sofia, Bulgaria to San Francisco, CA – to ensure the smooth running of the series.
BMSS is grateful for the promotional support of Kitka Vocal Ensemble & Dukyan Meloman
For more information, prices, and payment for the entire series email email@example.com
To register please visit the corresponding BMSS Registration page on the website, and choose the level at which you would like to participate and enjoy the events:
– Live in direct dialog on Zoom (you can get one-on-one coaching from the teachers, if desired, & will receive HD recording of the event)
– Audit only via a dedicated YouTube link, or
– Audit and/or get access to the Recording (Zoom video + Studio quality audio Recording)
We all live complicated lives, especially in times of pandemic. Program is subject to change.
Here is a chance to use these lockdown times to dive deeper, and prepare to sing our hearts out at Koprivshtitsa Folk Fest next time it is held.
May the global village of Bulgarian folk singers grow!